Secure Missouri is a grassroots effort, led by Missouri County Chairs and their constituents, along with other conservative groups, to secure the future of our great state. Secure Missouri represents Missourians who are concerned about federal government actions that threaten our freedoms and rights.
It is our intent to affect changes to our State laws that will ensure voter integrity and protect the rights and freedoms guaranteed by our Constitution. We believe in, and promote States' Rights, as guaranteed by the 10th Amendment, and we are opposed to federal overreach. We are resolved to elect strong conservatives at the local, state, and federal levels who pledge to defend the sovereignty of our state against illegal federal mandates, rule by executive fiat, and any actions which violate the Constitution.
This page will be used to track legislation important to our goals, and to update visitors to the page on the status of our work and our legislators' efforts.
Secure Missouri Goals
Lookup for House bills HERE
Lookup for Senate bills HERE
This section will be updated as soon as the 2022 session filing begins.
Require Vetting of Candidates BEFORE They Can File as Republicans
Currently, anyone can claim to be a Republican, pay the filing fee, and run under our flag. We think that's wrong. The current dysfunction in Jeff City, and the abhorrent legislation that gets passed, or more importantly, fails to get passed, is proof we have way too many Democrats and Socialists running under our party's banner. That needs to stop. The Republican party needs to get serious about vetting people BEFORE they are allowed to file as members of our party. We support our state committee forming a vetting subcommittee to interview and approve candidates prior to accepting their filing fees.
Adair, Butler, Callaway, Carroll, Carter, Gasconade, Grundy, Harrison, Jasper, Lafayette, Livingston, Maries, McDonald, Mercer, Montgomery, Newton, Osage, Pemiscot, Phelps, Pike, Polk, Saline, Warren, Wright
2. Eliminate open primaries. Voters MUST select a party affiliation, or Independent, when registering to
vote. (Currently, 2021 legislation makes it optional. An improvement, but not good enough.)
3. Prohibit Ranked Choice Voting through IP Reform (HJR132)
4. Impose severe penalties for destruction of ballots, manipulation of ballot data, or voter fraud.
Legislative Protection & Accountability
1. Change the process by which amendments can be added to our state constitution so that it is much harder to make changes. HB333, HJR2, HJR21, HJR22, SRJ13, SB149, SJR2, SJR11
HJR132 is the only 2021 legislation that addressed all three methods by which our constitution can be amended. (1) state legislature, (2) Initiative Petition (IP), and 3. Convention. It required not only a majority of the voters in Missouri to approve any attempt to modify our state constitution, but also required a MAJORITY of legislative districts to approve changes. There are currently 163 legislative districts. That would mean St. Louis and KC could no longer control the process, and Leftist organizations could no longer cherry pick signatures.Rural communities would play just as important part in the decision to make changes to our state constitution.
2. Change how judges are appointed to the MO Supreme Court by eliminating the law association panel and instead requiring confirmation by the MO Senate. SJR14
SJR14 ultimately requires a ballot vote by Missourians. Currently, the MO Bar Association chooses three candidates to fill a MO Supreme or Appellate Court seat. The governor chooses from those three. Since the majority of lawyers tend to be liberal, the picks inevitably are as well. This law would require the governor to choose a candidate of his choice, and the state Senate would hold hearings and vote to confirm (or not), much like the cabinet positions at the federal level.
The bill prohibits the modification of summary statements or ballot language approved by the General Assembly for Constitutional amendments or statutory measures. Courts will not have jurisdiction to rewrite or edit such language prior to placing it on the ballot. Supporters say judges should not modify ballot language as this violates the separation of powers between the legislative and judicial branches. Ballot language may be reviewed as to form by the Secretary of State and the Attorney General. Courts will retain power to rule on the constitutionality of ballot language, but are restricted only with regard to the remedy of substantially rewriting ballot language that is passed by the legislature. This has been a problem with our liberal courts overstepping their authority.
5. Change the Bond Rule that allows criminals to be released without bail or held as necessary.
6. Elect conservatives who pledge to fight for State's Rights & against federal overreach - including declaring a party at the local level.
1. Prohibit mandatory vaccinations, including those that are covid related
2. Implement a special court that ensures candidates have standing to bring up election challenges.
3. Create a digital bill of rights.
4. Prevent foreign countries and non citizens from owning farming or commercial property in Missouri.
Bills We Oppose
Waiting for the start of the 2022 session.
Here is why Secure Missouri is so important. The federal government is working overtime to crush our freedoms and rights. If we don't work to demand states rights be the law of the land, starting with our own sovernighty in Missouri, then we are doomed to be serfs of the federal government.
This page is updated as new info becomes available.